Did you know that for every $1 you spend on preventative maintenance in your home, you save approximately $100 in future repairs? Multiply that by the 18 fractional homes here at Hearthstone and a consistent preventative maintenance plan is a powerful tool that helps Hearthstone save money in the long run.
Wear and tear is normal (and expected!) but routine preventative maintenance of your home:
- Prevents small problems from becoming larger and more expensive challenges
- Decreases potential downtime of a home as the overall number of major repairs are reduced
- Minimizes disruptions caused by preventable maintenance issues arising during your vacation
- Saves money as the life expectancy of appliances is extended eliminating premature replacement
- Ensures the health of your homes and investment
Many issues are too small to notice during a one-week stay and rather than waiting for owners to notify us, Hearthstone has adopted the approach of completing a preventative maintenance checklist in each home every spring and fall. Our extensive list includes:
- Tightening the pulls and drawers of all cabinets
- Checking the working order of all appliances
- Cleaning out bathroom fans and wall heaters
- Vacuuming the refrigerator compressors and replacing water filters
- Cleaning the fireplace
- Calibrating the thermostats
- Assessing bath/shower seals and drains
- Assessing grout and paint
- The list goes on!
Most preventative tasks are completed by our on-site maintenance team but if we discover a project that is outside of our team’s skill set, Hearthstone calls a professional contractor to tackle the problem. Either way, Hearthstone’s goal is to keep our homes in like-new condition while keeping ownership hassle-free. We’ll take care of it for you!